Boring is out and nutritional goodness is in. Maybe you’d like your dog to enjoy his food more, avoid repetitive meals, or add some nutrition or hydration to his meals. If so, dog food toppers make food more appealing while also providing nutritional benefits, making them an excellent way to spice up your pup’s diet.
Whether your dog has a fussy palate or special nutritional needs, dog food toppers are the perfect solution. Read on to learn more about dog food toppers.
What Are Food Toppers For Dogs?
A food topper is a powdery product added to your dog’s regular meal in small amounts in order to boost its nutritional value. They are also sometimes referred to as “meal enhancers” because they are designed to improve the existing meal in nutritional value while making it tastier so as to encourage your dog to eat more.
Food toppers come in different varieties. The types of toppers include freeze-dried, dry, moist, and broth. This guide will assist you in determining which food topper is right for your dog, how to use dog food toppers, and the benefits they offer.
How To Use Dog Food Toppers
You may have noticed that your dog’s food is no longer appealing to them. Then incorporating a topper into their diets is a simple and tasty solution! Try the following methods:
- As a rotational meal – You can do this to keep your pet interested in their meals. The same food gets boring and old after a while, and our pets can get bored when they eat the same thing every day. Therefore different toppers can be used as rotational meals throughout the week.
- As a mixer – Whether you feed your dog wet or dry food, toppers are an excellent ingredient to add in. You can tempt your picky dog to eat by mixing a few tablespoons of one of our toppers into their dish.
- As a topping – There are a variety of dog food toppers that can be used as garnishes or toppings for both wet and dry dog food. You don’t need to incorporate the topping into your dog’s diet; sprinkling it over the food will provide some whole-food nutrition.
- As an appetite stimulant – For some dogs, dog food toppers can act as an appetite stimulant, encouraging them to eat more frequently and/or in larger quantities.
- As a nutrition rich supplement – Dog food toppers can assist your dog in getting the nourishment it needs. Keeping the benefits of the whole foods usually used, dog food toppers are made with only human-grade ingredients and can be a supplement rich in nutrition.
Benefits Of Using Food Toppers For Dogs
If variety is the spice of life, imagine how happy your dog will be when you add a pet food topper to his daily meals. Adding toppers to dog food provides them with an extra boost of nutrition and moisture. There is nothing better than a tasty, enticing food topper that has a great aroma and is highly palatable to dogs that are the pickiest of eaters.
The following are some benefits of using a topper in your dog’s food:
- Flavour Enhancement – Enhance the flavour of your dog’s food to keep it interesting. Most meal toppers come in multiple flavours, which adds to the fun.
- Improved Nutrition – Toppers can provide essential nutrients that your dog’s regular food lacks, such as vitamins, minerals, etc.
- Protein Boost – Dogs require protein to maintain healthy muscles, skin, and coats, so meal toppers can provide the extra protein they need.
- Better Feeding Schedule – Meal toppers make your dog’s meals more appealing, helping them to keep to their meal times and feeding regimens. This is vital for your overall feeding routine, but it is especially important for potty-training dogs.
- Improved Texture – Depending on how you serve your food topper, it can provide moisture to dry food, which some dogs like.
Choosing the right dog food toppers for your pet is not an easy task. Selecting one that your dog enjoys eating will help you keep him interested in the mealtime routine. You can now buy food toppers for dogs from a wide variety of options available at the online Dubai Pet Food store according to your dog’s prefered needs and enjoyment.